The source of my stories!

Hit Counter

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spring Back From Your Bad Mood

Have you ever woken up in a bad mood that lasted all day and even all week? And that week turned into a month maybe more? All the energy that was spent being mad at the world, mad at your friends, co-workers and family was completely wasted...don’t you think? It’s easy to get sucked into someone’s negativity and before you know it that negative feeling has almost consumed everything in you. But at some point in your life you have to take a good look in the mirror and decide if it really is the people in your life that need to change, or is there something in you that needs to change. “The difference between a good day and a bad day is YOUR attitude.”


I can blame my moods on so many things, Mother Nature, “that time of the month”; telemarketers, hormones or someone ate my last piece of chocolate. But the truth of the matter is, I am in control of myself, no one else is. Of course life hands out some unwanted events in our life and we all have the right to deal with them in our own time, and manner. But we don’t have the right to take others down with our sinking ship. There can be people in our lives that do make it suck sometimes, but there are certain people in our lives that want to be there, they want to hold you up when you feel like you’re falling. They want to know if you had a good day or why you had a bad one. They want to protect you from the people that are causing you pain. They also want to celebrate in the good days, good events and milestones. But over time if we are just negative all the time, soon those people will not be there when you’re finally ready to deal. And going through life alone is one very sad and scary endeavour.

After a very long and drawn out winter and many days of bad moods, I have never been more excited for spring. Spring is a new beginning, cleaning out closets, cleaning up the yard, and cleaning up my life. I’ve always been afraid of change, but every time I go with it, something good always seems to happen. The road may have been a rough one, but I feel I’ve been pretty blessed. My family and friends have cheered me on and held me up, and those that haven’t are just not a part of what makes me, me.

If only life were as simple as Facebook makes it to get rid of the negative, rotten people on your list of friends. Clicking “unfriend” for me has been so rewarding some days! “Delete friend?” You bet your a** I want to delete friend! With a click of a couple yes’ and BAM! That negative person is gone, gone, gone. Unless they are obsessed and hunt you down only to add you as a friend again! If you’re feeling like the world is against you, take some steps to make changes for yourself because no one else can do it for you. It will be hard, but as your mother has already told you, life isn’t easy. Start with your Facebook Friend List and start deleting or weeding, that part is fun and really easy. Then ask yourself what you may be missing out on, and do what you can to turn that bad mood into a lunch date with the person you miss the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment